Saturday, August 29, 2020

Is your Coach holding you back?

 

Pro Pitching Institute

A Pitcher quickly finds out when he asks his Coach this question ... “What can I do to get my lower body more involved in my motion?”


1. “I’M NOT SURE, BUT . . . “
For starters, it’s okay not to be sure how to teach lower body engagement. But saying “I’m not sure” undercuts a Coach’s credibility and isn’t something a Pitcher wants to hear.


2. “SORT OF” OR “KIND OF”
When a Coach says, “I sort of think” or “I kind of suspect,” it’s clear they don’t really know how to teach lower body engagement and, as a result, is holding back your development.


3. “MAYBE,” “POSSIBLY,” AND “POTENTIALLY”
“Maybe,” “possibly,” “probably,” “basically,” “largely,” and “hopefully” are all phrases that smack of doubt. When you hear these phrases, the Coach flat out doesn’t know how to get your lower body more involved. 


4. USING THE PAST TENSE WHEN YOU MEAN THE PRESENT
“I thought I should mention that . . . ” or, “I was thinking we should . . . “? are ways to present concepts without knowing the answer. Compare these past tense phrases to these clear messages “I want to mention . . .” and “I think we should . . .”. When your Coach answers your questions in the past tense, your pitching career might not go in the direction you want.


5. TELLS YOU HOW TO ENGAGE YOUR LOWER BODY.
Once you make the adjustments your Coach recommends and throw your first pitch, the fact you use less effort to deliver your pitch into your target tells you that you want to keep this Coach on your side.


If the 5th option sounds good to you, let's talk.


Skip Fast
Pro Pitching Institute
“Winning Pitch Location Strategies©” Author/Coach
E-Mail: skip@propitchinginstitute.com
Cell or Text: 856-524-3248
#ElitebyChoice



Copyright © 2020, Pro Pitching Institute.


No comments:

Post a Comment