Tuesday, July 7, 2015

6 Pitches to Motion Mastery

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to condense a remote bullpen session with a 26 year old free agent pitcher into 6 pitches..
To say the least, the results were extraordinary!
-   1st pitch was used to show me how I could help this pitcher.
-   2nd pitch I asked this pitcher to make a simple back leg adjustment that would immediately transition him from an arm to a back leg balanced motion.
-   3rd and 4th motions were used to make sure and I was that this pitcher understood the adjustment.  During these couple of motion, I pick up on and introduced a very simple front leg adjustment proven to drive more energy into his throwing arm.
-  5th and 6th motions - This pitcher successfully included both adjustments into his delivery.
-  After the 6th pitch, the pitcher was called into the game.
When the game was over, I received this response this pitcher.
“Your (2) tips dialed me into my target much more than usual and made my movements flow much more than usual!”
In just 6 pitches, just like all consecutive year, Cy Young pitching motions, I showed this pitcher how to get his glove arm to trigger his throwing action and forced his foot plant to pull his throwing hand through a naturally productive release window. 
The two adjustments I introduced let him, for once, manage his movements instead of his movements managing him.  He finally used his body the way it was built to work, not the way he forced it to work!!!
Knowing I can make this much progress in just 6 motions, imagine how productive I can make your next bullpen session.
Ask me to help you today ... your pitching future is at stake.
L.A. "Skip" Fast
Independent Major League Pitching Coach
Pro Pitching Institute
856-524-3248

“My simple, yet extremely powerful, business rule: fix it once and move on!”

No comments:

Post a Comment